Blogs > Pets Unleashed

Those who love their pets tend to enjoy all animals. Our animal owners are no different. Check in on News-Herald staffers Robin Palmer and Cheryl Sadler as they share their own animal tales and announce upcoming events in Lake and Geauga counties.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

More than a Crazy Cat Lady


Mention cats at The News-Herald and the next thing you’ll hear is my name. I’m the resident Crazy Cat Lady. I’ve fed my share of strays and caught a few along the way. Two of my three cats are rescues.

But there is more to me than felines. I am an equal-opportunity animal lover.

Yes, that's me feeding deer, Canada geese and mallards in my back yard (I’m sure much to my neighbors’ delight).

Yes, that's me shoveling my deck so the squirrels can find the roasted peanuts I toss their way.

Yes, that's me who is a sucker for every donation letter that comes my way from the ASPCA, United States Humane Society and National Wildlife Federation. All good organizations.

And, yes, that's me with Midge, Geauga County’s littlest sheriff's deputy, who stopped by the paper in December to bark "Five Golden Rings" for the "Twelve Days of Christmas" video.

So you see, I love all animals, even though I'll probably spend much of this blog talking about cats. Hey, I have a reputation to keep.

-- Robin Palmer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home