Blogs > Pets Unleashed

Those who love their pets tend to enjoy all animals. Our animal owners are no different. Check in on News-Herald staffers Robin Palmer and Cheryl Sadler as they share their own animal tales and announce upcoming events in Lake and Geauga counties.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Consider fostering homeless pets this holiday season

This blog has been full of requests for help lately, I know. Keep in mind that it's all for a good cause, though: and here's yet another way to help to consider.

(Ahem, have a new year's resolution yet?)

Lake Humane Society has issued an urgent plea for foster families for many of its cats and kittens.

Not only does fostering offers them time away from the shelter to heal and grow before they go up for adoption, it's also a super rewarding experience for you.

And, I mean, just look at these photos. Who wouldn't love such adorable houseguests?

I personally visited the shelter for the first time Monday and had the pleasure of meeting a thin orange cat. The moment I peaked into the cat showroom, he slipped his front leg through the bars of his cage and reeeeeached in my direction.

His eyes were full of longing to say hello. How social of a homeless cat, I thought. Of course I'm a sap for this when my cats reeeeach for my attention, so I didn't hesitate to stick my fingers in the cage. He started a loud motor and affectionately rubbed his body against the bars.

Walking away from my new friend was the hardest thing I did all week. He deserves a forever home, but at the very least an atmosphere that could return every ounce of his love for people.

Help is needed now for these felines. For more on Lake Humane's fostering program, or to sign up, click here or call 440-951-6122 Ext. 106.

I should mention that the South Euclid Humane Society also urgently needs foster families. To help them, call Laura Bruck at 216-297-0360.

'Tis the season for giving. Foster a homeless pet and redeem the gift threefold.

-- Sandra M. Klepach, SKlepach@News-Herald.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home