Blogs > Pets Unleashed

Those who love their pets tend to enjoy all animals. Our animal owners are no different. Check in on News-Herald staffers Robin Palmer and Cheryl Sadler as they share their own animal tales and announce upcoming events in Lake and Geauga counties.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's a jungle out there


The last couple of days my backyard deck has been frequented by a pair of Canada geese.

They walk up the three steps and waddle over to my patio door.

They stare inside my house, hiss at my cats and wait for me to toss them food.

Soon they will make their nest near a pond in the back, and by Mother's Day I will be congratulating them on their fuzzy arrivals.

Then the family will depart for places unknown.

The deck will be far from empty.

The neighbor cat will make his rounds looking for his daily can of FancyFest, and the squirrels will be hoping for roasted peanuts.

Deer and raccoons will be spotted, too.

It really is a jungle in my backyard!

-- Robin Palmer
rpalmer@news-herald.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home