Here's a line-up of pups looking for homes through the South Euclid Humane Society.Bob
• American bulldog, 2 years old, about 65 pounds. All shots, neutered.
• Expert kisser, total lap dog. Goofy, playful, affectionate. House-broken and crate-trained. Very strong: loves to learn and needs someone who will teach him with positive reinforcement. Likes dogs but needs to be introduced properly. Loves all humans, especially those who like big dorky bulldogs in their laps.
• "Bob traveled long and far before being rescued. When we saw his out-of-state rabies tag we were excited about being able to reunite him with his family. But despite several messages, Bob’s family never returned our calls.
"Surely, this sweet boy must be wondering why the people he loves don’t want him anymore. Loaded with worms, terribly underweight, and with ears bright red from a painful infection, Bob greeted his rescuers with kisses of gratitude. He knew how to give his paw—and he certainly understood that when anyone sat down, his place was in their lap! Bob had been 'taught' little else, but our boy is quite the smarty pants! In only days, he learned to walk on a leash and to sit and stay."Fluffy, aka Fluffy Frank
• Lab mix, 1 to 2 years old, underweight at about 50 pounds. All shots, neutered.
• Expert kisser. Sweet, cuddly, playful, goofy. Adores everyone - kids, dogs, cats, kittens. His DogTopia foster family loves him to pieces.
• "In his first foster home, he had a crush on a pug named Doris and licked the kittens like a mama cat. When this sweet, skinny boy arrived at the police station, someone called and said he was his dog. But when he got there (and heard about the small kennel fee), he 'changed his mind.' At best, no one came looking for Fluffy. At worst, he watched as his person walked away. Either way, Fluffy now finds himself in search of someone who will never walk away. And this sweet, gentle, playful boy greets everyone he meets with kisses!"Dylan
• Probably Boxer-Greyhound mix, 1 1/2 years old, about 50 pounds. All shots, neutered.
• An old soul, thoughtful and gentle. Great with kids, shy with some men at first. Playful, powerful, lots of energy. Likes bigger dogs, may not be good with cats. House-broken, walks well on leash, likes playing fetch, great in the car.
• "How sweet and gentle is this boy? When a toddler at Richmond Heights Home Days tripped and fell right on him, Dylan neither growled nor snapped. He just waited calmly for the little girl to get up, and then he gently licked her face. With adults he can be more exuberant in his face licking, but he is affectionate and gentle with everyone.
"Dylan was found by Cleveland police crippled by frostbite and far from Florida, where someone cared enough to implant a microchip but not enough to register it. Now he is healthy. For 8 months this wonderful boy lived in a cage at a vet clinic. Now, just newly released from 'prison,' he’s adjusting to life 'on the outside' and can’t believe how lucky he is to be playing in the green grass and sleeping on a warm pillow in his foster mom and dad’s room. But all that is temporary - he dreams of a house, a yard, and people to love him forever!"
"The weather is getting cold and no one is adopting!" Laura Bruck recently told me. "Until we find homes for at least some of these pups, I won't be able to take in any more - it's so stressful. They're all terrific."
Home visits and adoption fees are both part of the South Euclid Humane Society's adoption process. Call Laura at 216-297-0360 if you have room in your heart and home for a new best friend.
-- Sandra M. Klepach, SKlepach@News-Herald.com