Have a fat cat or pudgy pooch?
Read on ...
Hill’s Science Diet has teamed up with Alison Sweeney, host of “The Biggest Loser,” to help pets lose weight in 2011.
This effort is close to Alison’s heart as she recently found out that her dog Winky needed to shed a few pounds, joining the millions of loving owners that struggle with their pet’s weight each day.
Alison discovered an easy solution with the first pre-packaged meal and biscuit system for dogs — new Science Diet Weight Loss System. Pre-packaged meals have been helping people lose weight for years and for the first time, owners and their dogs can reap the same benefits.
In addition, Sweeney is inviting readers to enter Hill’s PetFit Challenge. Between now and March 31, you readers can go to www.petfit.com and submit a simple essay describing your pet’s weight loss for a chance to win $1 million.
Did You Know?
- In the United States there are a total of 77.5 million dogs and 93.6 million cats.
- An Estimated 51.5 percent of Dogs and Cats in the United States are either overweight or obese.
- An Estimated 45 percent of US dogs are overweight or obese = 35 million dogs
- An Estimated 58 percent of U.S. cats are overweight or obese = 54 million cats
- If you feed a 20-pound dog one ounce of cheddar cheese it’s the equivalent of a 5-foot, 4-inch woman eating 1 1/2 hamburgers or one chocolate bar.
- If you feed a 10-pound cat 1 cup of milk it’s the equivalent of a 5-4- woman eating 4 1/2 hamburgers or five chocolate bars.
-- Robin Palmer