Blogs > Pets Unleashed

Those who love their pets tend to enjoy all animals. Our animal owners are no different. Check in on News-Herald staffers Robin Palmer and Cheryl Sadler as they share their own animal tales and announce upcoming events in Lake and Geauga counties.

Monday, August 1, 2011

A friendly neighbor cat

I have a friendly cat in my neighborhood.

He appears on my back porch sometimes, meowing. He is cute, but I'm afraid he wants to come into my house.

The first time I saw him was when I was coming home after dark. He gave me a start when I got out of my car (because I have seen a skunk hanging around), then meowed like crazy as he followed me toward my house. I told him he couldn't come inside, but he just stared at me, meowing. I moved quickly, startling him, and he ran in the other direction.

The other day when I was trying to leave the house, the cat was standing outside my door as if he were waiting to come inside. I was asking him kindly to leave so he wouldn't run in my house when the storm door opened, but he stayed put and meowed at me. Eventually he wandered to the grass and assumed a pouncing position, spying on the birds in the yard across the street. Good kitty.

I want to be friendly to this neighborhood cat. I am not sure where he comes from, but he sure is nice, and must be domesticated, as he doesn't appear afraid to hang around. I just don't want him to come inside my house. How can I let him hang around, without letting him in my house, without scaring him away?


-- Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home